NUCO Oil Pit removal
CSS supported EPA as the field team leader on a removal assessment at an abandoned oil pit site in Oklahoma.
Supporting Assessment and Remediation Activities at Contaminated Sites
On-Site Technical Services at an Abandoned Waste Oil Pit
CSS supported EPA as the field team leader on a removal assessment at an abandoned oil pit site in Oklahoma. We developed the Quality Assurance Sampling Plan and site-specific Health and Safety plan for conducting waste sampling from inside a waste oil pit. Our staff used an aerial manlift to oversee the collection of twelve waste samples from four separate locations within the pit. We returned to the site to serve as the field team leader during the removal of the contaminated sludge. In this role we:
- supervised the EPA removal contractor;
- prepared written and photographic documentation of removal activities;
- conducted air monitoring during the pumping/excavation and loading of oil pit contents into disposal trucks for off-site disposal;
- maintained copies of the non-hazardous waste manifests; and
- prepared the final Oil Pollution Act Removal Report.