Scientists and Engineers
CSS is now hiring Scientists and Engineers for Site Assessment and/or Emergency Response support nationwide. We are in pursuit of scientists and engineers to serve as team members supporting field assessment, removal action and/or emergency response events on our client contracts. Candidates should have experience and knowledge in investigating contaminated sites, collecting multimedia samples and other pertinent data to document findings, and/or responding to natural and man-made emergencies. The position requires a team-oriented professional with strong organization skills as well as excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Perform as a member of a field team on site assessment/investigation, removal actions or emergency response activities providing our agency client with accurate and pertinent scientific data according to agreed upon methods, procedures, and techniques
- Rotate as an “on-call” responder available 24hrs a day for a week at a time
- Participate in the Emergency Response On-Call Program and maintain preparedness for immediate mobilization while on-call
- Use level D-A PPE to make entries into potentially hazardous areas
- Conduct multimedia sampling
- Calibrate and maintain a variety of multi-media monitoring and sampling equipment
- Document field activities and prepare daily and final reports for agency client
- Assist with writing technical documents and plans
- Provide timely task status reports and other required reports to task and Project Managers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BS in biology/chemistry/geology/environmental science or engineering.
- Two-eight years of oil and hazardous materials/waste assessment and emergency response experience.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-hr refresher certification, CPR/First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogen training preferred.
- Incident Command System (ICS) 100-800 trained.
- Experience with operation and calibration/maintenance of monitoring and sampling equipment typically used in response and hazardous waste site assessment work.
- Proficiency in the use of air monitoring and sampling equipment, preferred, including calibration, implementation in field, and interpretation of results.
- Familiarity/working knowledge conducting Hazard Categorization (HazCat) activities and ablility to correctly interpret HazCat data.
- Working knowledge of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN), preferred.
- Job requires bending, stooping, lifting, use of technical equipment, and work in inclement environments.
- Technical writing skills, analysis of data, report preparation, and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) skills required.
- Working knowledge of the ARC GIS Collector App and Survey 123 App, desirable.
- Proficient in use of iPad or other Tablet technology.
- Travel required.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to secure a CMV endorsement for driving a response vehicle.
Satellite Data Applications
Helping create a more environmentally sustainable, weather-ready, and secure nation through application of earth observation data
Our IT solutions meet clients’ evolving needs.
Facilities Operations & Maintenance
We understand your facility support needs and deliver customized solutions.
Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna. Aenean eu leo quam. Pellentesque ornare sem.